» Encyclopedic Dictionary
» Starving Artist Cafe
Perkins Ginger Biscuits
350° F ..15 minutes ..32 biscuits... I love these. They are wonderful with tea.
- Prepare cookie sheet for baking. Cooking parchment is best.
- Oven to 350° F (180 C).
|In a bowl:
- scant 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick (1/4 lb) butter or butter/shortening combination
|In a sifter positioned over another bowl:
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 T ginger
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t allspice
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 1/3 c rolled oatmeal
- Sift all except the oatmeal into butter/sugar mixture. Stir in oatmeal. Work lightly together with fingers until crumbly.
|Add to flour/butter/sugar mixture :
- 1 beaten egg
- 6T (3/8c) light corn syrup (golden syrup)
- Mix to form a dough
- Let sit for one minute to finish absorption.
- Divide dough into 4 parts. Divide each part into eight, and roll each eighth into a ball. Place on cookie sheet. These will get twice as wide and high when they bake.
|32 almonds, whole or halved
- Put an almond on top of each biscuit and flatten slightly.
- 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
From Taking Tea with Mackintosh: The Story of Miss Cranston"s Tea Rooms.
Maura Enright, Proprietor
Author: Maura Enright
©2012 - 2014 by Maura Enright
© means the content is copyrighted.
Your links to this content are much appreciated.