» Encyclopedic Dictionary
» Starving Artist Cafe
Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
My son loves these.
My very picky Aunt Maura, now deceased, loved these.
My sister Linda, also deceased, loved these.
I love these. You will probably love these too.
350 degrees...15-18 minutes cake, 15 minutes topping...4 dozen bars or cupcakes.
- Cream together in large bowl:
- 1 c softened butter and/or Crisco
- 2 c sugar
- Add one at a time to butter/sugar mix, beating well after each addition:
- Sift into a small bowl:
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t salt
- ¼ c baking cocoa powder
- Add flour mixture to sugar mix along with 2/3 c chopped nuts (optional). Stir gently until mixed.
If using cupcake papers, place ½ inch layer into cupcake papers inside cupcake pans. OR spread batter in a large substantial jelly-roll pan lined with baking parchment with 1.5" margins because the dough will spread. PS: The reason I specify a SUBSTANTIAL pan is because cheaper pans tend to buckle and twist a bit when heated, which will cause the dough to flow towards one side of the pan and cook very unevenly.
- Cook until dough starts pulling away from sides of pan (15-18 minutes) or until the cupcake batter looks cooked.
- Sprinkle evenly on top: 6 c to 1 bag miniature marshmallows.
- Return to oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a knife dipped in water, spread the melted marshmallows evenly over the cake.
- Move to wire racks to cool.
Prepare topping after cookies have cooled.
- Combine over low heat, stirring constantly:
- 1¾ c chocolate chips
- ¼ c butter
- 1 1/3 c peanut butter
- Remove from heat and stir in: 2¾c Rice Krispies. Do not use cheaper brands - they get tough.
- Spread topping over bars and cakes. Allow to cool before cutting. A pizza cutter, moistened, may work best, with a knife for the edges.
Maura Enright, Proprietor
Author: Maura Enright
©2012 - 2014 by Maura Enright
© means the content is copyrighted.
Your links to this content are much appreciated.