» Encyclopedic Dictionary
» Starving Artist Cafe
Theresa's Chocolate Chow Mein Cookies
Wonderful, easy-to-make cookies.
The ingredients are a bit pricey but the result is wonderful.
Melt in double boiler or over very low heat in a crock pot, stirring on occasion:
- Chocolate: chips or block, semi-sweet, dark or German; must be sweetened;
- Equal weight white chocolate and/or butterscotch morsels or almond bark (aka candy coating)
Stir into melted chips, one ounce (by weight) for each ounce of melted chocolate:
- 2 parts cashew pieces
- 1 part chow mein noodles.
Stir thoroughly. Drop by spoonfuls onto surface covered with aluminum foil OR into muffin papers. Let cool.
- Rig up a double boiler by placing a large metal mixing bowl on top of a rack placed inside a larger pot with an inch or so of water in it. DO NOT put a lid on, unless you have a lid that fits the BOWL, or water will condensate and drip into the chocolate.
- It is easier to control the size of the cookies if you break the noodles up into smaller pieces before adding them.
- It is important to get the cookie dough out of the pan and onto the sheets before it cools. I find a pair of tongs (with a small head, maybe one-inch across?) (NOT salad tongs!) to be the perfect tool
Maura Enright, Proprietor
Author: Maura Enright
©2012 - 2014 by Maura Enright
© means the content is copyrighted.
Your links to this content are much appreciated.